For over a decade now I've been banging the same drum about weddings. Sure, the beats I was dropping back in 2012 when Britt and I launched the business weren't as clear or consistent, but ever since I went to the family wedding that caused me to become a celebrant over 15 years ago I've had the same heartbeat: this marriage ceremony stuff matters, and it should be meaningful, and with intention. Fifteen years of receipts.
Because if you do things with meaning and intent they are so much more fun, so much more enjoyable, so much more heartfelt, and honestly, so much cheaper and less stressful, than without.
So anyway, I mention I've got some receipts so this is me on the Today Show on Channel Nine in Australia in 2013. My first national TV appearance. I watch this and cringe, but it's all there, that signature cry of "don't just do anything at your wedding, do something awesome!"
The thing I'm most looking forward to when this book is published is the ability to put something in people's hands that will actually empower them to have an epic wedding - on their terms. Not the wedding everyone else thinks they should have.
And also I'm looking forward to having new receipts, so that years from now when people complain about wedding planning, or complain about weddings, and how expensive they are and how stressful they are and how terrible they are I can point to the book and say, you should read this, weddings can be awesome, just pay me some coin for the book and you'll be good.
- The UK's Daily Mail
- Brisbane's Courier Mail
- The Wedded Podcast
- Together Journal
- Evolve Your Wedding Business Podcast
- on Married at First Sight/MAFS plus the controversy around my appearance on the show
- Wedding Photo Hangover
- Hello May
- The Bridechilla Podcast
- The Hitched Podcast
- Drinks With a Minister Podcast
- The ABC
- Let's Talk Weddings Podcast
- Channel Nine's Podcast
- The Gold Coast Bulletin
- The Ryan and Rosie Podcast
- The Luke and Susie national radio show
- Tony Winward's podcast
- On 4BC radio
- Polka Dot Weddings
- Engaged and Ready blog
- Mamamia on the blog and the podcast
- on Seven Sunrise
- on Channel Nine's Today Show some more
- on Yahoo's Lifestyle blog talking about beach weddings, wedding ideas you can ditch, and wedding speeches
- and so many more blogs, news articles, podcasts and TV appearances that haven't stood the test of time on Google (there must be so much content just lost to the gods of updating websites or media businesses being bought and sold).
I mentioned Married at First Sight in that list, and I was going to jsut let it slide with an IMDB link, but after I got over myself and got over the cringe, I uploaded my two ceremonies to Youtube. Enjoy!