Wedding magazines, for all of their glamorous photos, great reads and reams of dresses, exist primarily to serve the status quo. By definition there's nothing new in there, even if it was it's now months old. Everything featured in Pinterest and magazines and blogs are all really pretty, but put down the magazine, log out of Pinterest, and shut the lid on your laptop.
- throwing the party of your lives with every. single. detail. Exactly as you dreamed it would be. No compromises, life's short, have fun.
- Don't stress about anything. When it's all over, you will be married, and surrounded by the people who know you and love you most in the whole wide world.
- Don't stress about your shoes or your cake or your flowers.
- just looking at the person you want to grow old with.
And, get make sure your photographer gets these photos
- your parents, who will hold hands and cry on the first row of the ceremony.
- your sister dancing with that boy she will marry in three years.
- those kids who will grow up so, so quickly.
- your grandfather, who will pass away next spring. (I hope not!)
- your first kiss as a married couple.
- your best friend busting out her signature dance moves.
- the flower girl asleep under a table.
- maybe even your ex looking pretty wistful as he hugs you a little too long in the receiving line.