Every evening I receive an email from a mentor title with a “QuoteAction“. The mentor is one of those mentors from a-far, he doesn’t know he mentors me, and the email has nothing to do with weddings or the wedding industry, Tracy is actually from the radio industry.
The QuoteAction is a quote, with an action or responsibility you should takeaway from the quote, something you should do after reading the quote. If you’re interested, subscribe here.
So, today’s QuoteAction knocked me on my feet. It’s by the author, Wallace D. Wattles.
[quote]If you have not consciously made the decision to be rich, excellent, and healthy, then you have unconsciously made the decision to be poor, mediocre, and unhealthy.[/quote]
Let me edit that and apply it to your marriage party, your wedding.
[quote]If you have not consciously made the decision to celebrate your marriage personally, excellent, and your way, then you have unconsciously made the decision to celebrate your marriage impersonally, mediocre, and someone else’s way.[/quote]
So … are you guilty of planning an impersonal, mediocre wedding that is actually more like someone else’s, not yours?
If so, spend 45 minutes flicking through these prior blog posts of mine that might help:
- How to make sure your grandparents, and anyone else, don’t fall asleep at your wedding
- Awesome wedding vows, a how-to guide
- A primer: 10 ways a wedding today will be different to every other wedding you’ve been to
- 5 BS facts about weddings everyone thinks are true
- A post by my bride: Budget weddings versus wedding budgets
- A baker’s twist on the sand ceremony
- New wedding trend: the combo wedding
- There are 13 other good times of the week you can get married outside of 3pm Saturday
- Three things you’ll find at every boring wedding
- The definitive guide to choosing your wedding songs
- 20 quick and simple wedding ceremony hacks
- Why most weddings are boring, and how to make sure yours isn’t
- 13 wedding ceremony layout inspirations
- 15 wedding traditions you can forget
- 16 unique wedding ceremony ideas
- Five unique wedding ideas
- Ten stand-out wedding ideas
- Eight more unique wedding ceremony ideas
- Eight unique examples of giving away the bride
- 120 wedding songs that aren’t “All Of Me”